Garden Ready Patio
There are so many possibilities when you start thinking about how to build your dream patio. A properly created patio will add beauty and value to your home.
- Building the foundation for your patio: There are several ways to make a foundation for your patio and I have listed some of the most popular methods below:
- Concrete base – This method is one of the easiest because all you have to do is pour concrete into a pre-dug hole in the ground.
- Pavers – These are also very easy to work with, but make sure that you get them level or your entire patio could be crooked. Pavers come in different materials like clay brick, stone, concrete and recycled rubber tires!
- Gravel base – One of the best ways to create a firm foundation for your patio is by using gravel as opposed to sand or dirt because it compacts better than other materials and will not wash away over time when it rains like sand might which makes this an economical choice as well! A good rule of thumb would be two inches thick with four inches being ideal; however I’ve seen people use less than one inch successfully too so there really isn’t any wrong answer here just keep in mind how much weight will eventually be placed on top (heavy furniture?). Make sure that you compact after each layer so that they don’t shift around once everything else has been laid down.
Light It Up
Safety and functionality are paramount for any outdoor space. We often use patio lighting to create a welcoming atmosphere, but it is also important for safety. Not only does it make your patio more usable after the sun goes down, but it also helps prevent falls and injuries on sidewalks or stairs leading to your door.
A few of our favorite light sources include:
- LED lights—these will provide enough light to see but are not overwhelming. There are many different styles available, so shop around until you find the right look to complement your outdoor decorating scheme.
Beds & Borders
Beds and borders are a great choice for your patio as they are easily accessible and easy to maintain. They also create a perfect space for growing flowers.
Here are some of the best plants for containers:
- The Spanish lavender is ideal for any location with hot, dry, sunny conditions. Plant in terracotta pots for best results.
- The common sage can be grown in any kind of container, but it does better in terracotta ones. Not only does it smell amazing but it is also tolerant of drought, heat, wind and poor soils! Now that’s an all-round winner!
- The rosemary plant will give you freely scented leaves while also growing into an attractive bush. It is ideal if you don’t have much space on your patio as this little beauty will grow sideways rather than upwards making it perfect for smaller areas! This herb is almost indestructible which means no matter how many times you forget to water it or overfeed with fertiliser this plant will keep coming back strong!
Setting a fitness goal is the first step to making a lasting, positive change in your life. But what makes for a good fitness goal, and how can you stick with it?
First things first: define the problem. Let’s say you want to lose weight—what does that mean, exactly? How much weight do you want to lose? What are the contributing factors of your current lifestyle that have led you down this path? You should be able to see the finish line before you start your journey.
Second: Make your goals SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound). Don’t worry about other people’s goals; they don’t have anything to do with yours. If losing ten pounds means cutting out dessert or skipping an appetizer during dinner once or twice a week (or whatever works for you), then go for it! Or if getting 90 pushups in one minute seems unrealistic right now but 50 is totally doable based on where you’re starting from right now, then shoot for that!
Here are some examples of tangible goals people might set for themselves:
- Run 5 miles without stopping by August 1st
- Increase my squat from 85 pounds to 140 by December 19th
Furniture that works in the garden and patio
Choosing furniture for the patio is a matter of personal choice. Think about what you like and what suits your lifestyle well. In addition to that, there are some points which should be kept in mind while purchasing patio furniture:
- it should be sturdy enough to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- it should be comfortable and functional. It should add to the aesthetic appeal of your home as well as providing you with comfort.
- Pick out chairs which can be used both inside and outside your home. They will make great additions to your patio area when you have guests over for a party or when you are entertaining on a hot summer afternoon.
There are many ways to improve your living space and make it more comfortable in the outdoors.
Have you ever tried to work towards a goal without really knowing what you wanted to achieve? If so, you’re not alone. It’s easy to get caught up in other people’s goals and objectives yet lose sight of what we really want. To avoid this predicament, it pays to have some sort of plan before you begin.
A good start is to ask yourself why you want to reach your chosen fitness goal. Don’t worry about how long it will take or whether it’s realistic—just figure out what motivates you and write that down! For example:
- You might want to feel more energetic so that life is easier.
- Perhaps your partner has been pushing for change lately, and getting fit would be a way for them too see results from their efforts (and vice versa).
- Another reason could simply be because there aren’t any gyms nearby or none of the ones close by offer classes at times when they’re convenient!
Garden Ideas For Your Patio: A blog about great patio ideas for increasing your outdoor lifestyle.
Great Ideas To Increase Your Outdoor Lifestyle
It’s a glorious day and you want to spend it outside on your patio, but aren’t sure of what to do that is fun and different. Well, we have some tips and tricks to bring new life to your patio space. Let’s dive in!
Who doesn’t love a good party? Gather your friends and family around this upcycled pallet party table, the perfect centerpiece for any summer gathering. It’s quick, easy and budget-friendly to make. Just use an old pallet for the top of the table and add legs from IKEA. You can paint it or leave it as is, either way, this table will make a statement at your next outdoor party.
A great way to add some fun artwork to lighten up your space is with this beautiful DIY mosaic tile side table. This tutorial gives you step by step instructions on how to create a stunning piece of art that will be the envy of all your guests. Add some elegance to your patio with this fabulous project!
You too can
Hi! I’m [your name], and I’m so excited that you decided to join me in creating the dream garden of your wildest fantasies.
I’ve thought a lot about why I want to spend so much time outside, and it’s because my home is like a sanctuary for me—a place where I can go to recharge after a long day, or find comfort on a rainy afternoon with friends.
But there’s something about being outdoors that just feels freeing. It always gives me a sense of wonder, and it makes me feel like I’m a part of the world again—like my life has meaning outside of my house, too.
I also love the idea of being able to garden anywhere, not just at my home. There are so many more places where you can plant flowers and herbs than there are places where you can grow them indoors. So why not take advantage of those spaces?
You’ll find all kinds of tips and tricks on how to make your outdoor space into an oasis here on Garden Ideas For Your Patio: A blog about great patio ideas for increasing your outdoor lifestyle. We’ll discuss everything from choosing the right plants for your climate and getting started with gardening basics to adding some flair with flower beds and more! So
Garden Ideas For Your Patio is a blog about great outdoor living ideas for your patio, deck, and yard.
It’s springtime in the Northern Hemisphere, and that means planting season!
We’re here to help you with your gardening needs, from plants to planters to fertilizers. We’ve got everything you need to create an amazing garden this year.
But we don’t stop at plants. We also offer tips for outdoor living and home improvement projects that can make your patio or deck into the best outdoor space of your dreams.
Hello! Welcome to Garden Ideas For Your Patio, where we talk about everything you need to know to create the perfect backyard oasis.
We’re not talking about just any backyard oasis, though—we’re talking about the kind of backyard oasis that will make your neighbors and friends green with envy. We want you to have a garden that is both beautiful and practical. We want you to be able to grow all of your favorite foods in your own backyard. And we want you to be able to spend more time outside and enjoying life—with or without company.
So what are you waiting for? Subscribe today and get ready for a whole new lifestyle!
HI! I love my patio. The weather is finally getting nice, and I love spending time outside. We do have a dog and a small garden, so I can’t leave things out, so I decided to furnish the patio with things that can be moved inside easily enough. First, I bought an outdoor rug from Target’s Project 62 line:https://www.target.com/p/indoor-outdoor-area-rug-project-62/-/A-52629982?preselect=52551764#lnk=sametab It’s a nice gray color that goes with everything and easy to clean. Next, we got some great patio sets from Ikea to set the tone for how we wanted to use the space. Here are some of our favorites:
I added some privacy screens to make it feel more intimate and add more green space in our yard: https://www.target.com/p/madaga-w
When it comes to making the most of your patio’s potential, there’s a lot you can do. Here are some ideas to get you started!
1. Let your plants hang.
If you have a small patio, or if you’re looking for more space for lounging, consider hanging your plants from above! This can be as simple as repurposing an old ladder, or you can invest in a beautiful hanging planter for your garden. It will make your patio feel much fuller and livelier, and it will look stunning when those plants start to bloom.
2. Get creative with lighting.
If you’re looking for ways to set the mood on your patio, consider how you want to use that space at night. Maybe you want a quiet dinner under the stars, or maybe you’re looking for a romantic movie night with bae—whatever it is, great lighting is key. One way to add unique lighting to your outdoor space is by adding string lights to the underside of your patio umbrella (or even directly into the umbrella itself). If you have an outdoor fireplace or fire pit, make sure it’s well lit so that everyone can enjoy it safely!
3. Add a water feature.
There’s nothing quite like being outside